These Caesar salad wraps are the perfect healthy on-the-go lunch to make for school or work. They are light, full of flavor, and packed with nutrition to fuel you through the day!
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2.8 oz. oyster mushrooms, chopped small
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar*
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups diced bread
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pan or cast iron skillet or skillet of choice over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth along with the chopped mushrooms. Sprinkle over all of the seasonings and mix until well coated. the vegan butter over medium heat. If you have a grill press, we like to pop that on top of the oyster mushrooms as they cook, but it is not necessary. Cook for about 6 minutes total, mixing often and adding vegetable broth (2 tablespoons at a time) to prevent burning. We used a total of 1/3 cup. Adjust seasonings to taste and set aside when cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter and seasonings until uniform. Add in the bread cubes and mix to fully coat the bread pieces. Pour onto the lined baking sheet and place into the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In another large bowl, add in the chopped romaine, dill, Caesar dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes and vegan parmesan cheese. Add in the cooked mushrooms as well as the croutons and mix until everything is well combined.
- Grab a coconut wrap and fill it with about 1/2 cup filling. The number of wraps you make will depend on how stuffed each one is. Continue until you have stuffed the wraps as desired.
- Dig in!
- If you would like, you can use 1/2 tablespoon of vegan butter in place of the vegetable broth. We wanted to keep this oil-free so that is why we did not include it.
- You can also opt for white or apple cider vinegar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Entree, Lunch
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Entree, Lunch, Salad, Wrap, Caesar, Dressing, Kids