A hearty vegan meatball sub sandwich that does not skimp out on flavor OR nutrition! It is packed with veggies and herbs, PLUS doused in marinara and a super easy parmesan, you don’t want to miss out on this!
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- Three 6” sourdough hoagies
- 1 cup oil-free marinara sauce (we use Engine 2) or pizza sauce
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix/pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Slice open your bread if it is not already cut, and place into an oven on a baking sheet to toast for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on it to prevent it from getting burned! remove from oven and allow it to cool a bit before handling.
- Gently add your meatballs into a large mixing bowl, and pour over the marinara (or pizza sauce). Toss gently (to avoid breaking the meatballs) until they are all thoroughly coated with sauce.
- Divide you meatballs amongst your bread, then top with the onions and a sprinkle of parmesan. Dig in!
If you would like to make this recipe gluten-free, simply sub gluten-free bread and breadcrumbs.
You will probably have extra parmesan– it can be used on pizza, sandwiches, macro bowls, etc!
- Prep Time: 50
- Cook Time: 42