An easy and delicious vegan feta cheese that is made out of tofu and will make all of your dreams come true. This cheese can be swapped for its nonvegan counterpart and the possibilities for serving it are endless!
- 1 package of extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegan white miso (we use Miso Master)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil*
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Press the tofu for at least 1 hour and cut into small cubes.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or a container, add the tofu, mix until uniform. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. It will taste better the longer it sits!
- If the cheese is not salty enough for you, feel free to add some salt to taste.
- You can opt for just oregano or just basil, depending on your preference and/or ingredient availability.
- Will last 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes