This Vegan Broccoli Potato soup is made rich and creamy with silken tofu and is packed with good-for-you vegetables. It’s naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and high in protein making it the perfect weeknight vegan recipe. Serve with a side of our favorite no-knead bread!
- 16 ounces silken tofu
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 ½ cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 small russet potatoes, chopped into ½” inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 ½ cups vegan chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Optional: chives, for garnish
- Add the silken tofu, nutritional yeast, and non-dairy milk to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion, celery, and ½ teaspoon salt. Sauté until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot along with the blended silken tofu cream, broccoli, potatoes, carrot, nutmeg, a pinch of black pepper, the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and turmeric, and mix again until combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower it to a simmer. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked through and the soup is thickened, stirring occasionally, about 13-15 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and season with more salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm and top with fresh chives. Enjoy!