Have you ever made your own vegan cheese before? If not, you’ll be so surprised about how easy it is! This flavor-packed vegan tofu ricotta cheese recipe requires just 7 simple ingredients and a few minutes to make.
- 14 oz. firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso paste*
- 1–2 teaspoons dried basil, oregano, parsley or Italian seasoning (optional)
- ½–1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Drain any excess liquid out from the tofu (but do not press). Break the tofu up into small pieces with your hands and add it to a food processor. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape the sides of the food processor as needed.
- If the ricotta is too thick, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Store the ricotta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Separation is natural as it sits, just give the ricotta a quick mix before using it.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can try making this ricotta cheese in the blender, though the results will differ. The blender may make it a bit too smooth, so you may need to pulse blend it. Another option is adding everything to a large bowl and mashing it together wither either a fork or a potato masher. This option will not break down the garlic as much as a food processor or a blender, so I would recommend mincing the garlic very finely.
- You can leave the miso out if you would like. In its place, I would add a tad bit more salt (to taste).
- If you would like to make this ricotta cheese for a sweet recipe, be sure to leave out the garlic and the herbs.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cheese, Sides
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: Vegan, Italian, Ricotta, 7-Ingredients, Easy