These Thai peanut grain bowls are easy to make and are perfect for an on the go lunch or dinner! Peanut Sauce, roasted veggies, tempeh, and millet, it will keep you full and fueled for the day. Plus, they are vegan and can easily be made gluten-free.
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Millet
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 small broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- Millet: Bring 2 cups of water or vegetable broth to a boil in a small pot. Once boiling, add in 1 cup of millet; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Roasted Veggies: Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into florets and then evenly distribute it on the pan. Season it with salt and pepper as desired and then place it into the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Once everything is cooked, it is time for assembly! In 5 small bowls or prep containers, evenly divide the millet (about 2/3 cup each), roasted veggies, and tempeh, and then evenly distribute all of the additional ingredients into the bowls, or as desired.
- This recipe can easily be made gluten-free by simply swapping in tamari for the soy sauce in the tempeh and peanut sauce.
- If you are making these ahead, storing the sauce in a separate container and drizzling it over as you serve it yields the best result in our opinion.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Entree, Lunch, Meal Prep
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Entree, Lunch, Peanut, Grain Bowl, Millet, Back to School, Meal Prep