Learn how to make perfect Thai green curry, step by step! It’s ready in just 30-minutes and made with no funky ingredients. Flavor-packed, easy and great for meal prep!
- 1/2 block (6 oz.) firm tofu, pressed and diced
- Avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste*
- 1 can (14 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping teaspoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 small Yukon gold potato, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Fresh lime, as desired (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups brown rice, to serve
- If your tofu is not already pressed, be sure to press it to remove excess moisture. Check out our method on how to press tofu here. Once it is pressed, heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat and add in a drizzle of oil. Dice the tofu and add it to the pan. Sprinkle the tofu with salt and pan fry for about 10 minutes, flipping often, until the tofu is golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, add in about 2 tablespoons of water (or another drizzle of oil) along with the onions, ginger and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Be sure to add more water (2 tablespoons at a time) as needed to prevent burning.
- Add in the sliced bell peppers, carrots and potatoes, and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add in the coconut milk, water, coconut sugar, and curry paste. Mix through and bring the pot to a simmer over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add in the broccoli and tofu and simmer for 5 minutes more or until the broccoli is bright green and the tofu is has absorbed some liquid.
- Remove the pot from heat and add in the finely chopped cilantro and a drizzle of lime as desired.
- Divide the curry into 4 bowls along with 1/2 cup of brown rice in each (or as much as desired). Serve with more cilantro on top as garnish. Enjoy!
- Green curry paste varies in flavor and spiciness. Our suggestion is to add 2 tablespoons to start to gage the spice and see if it is good enough for you. We used this curry paste and were able to add 3 tablespoons as it is mild.
- Feel free to customize the vegetables in this dish as desired– we just recommend you use about 2 cups total.
- The nutrition facts take into account the use of cooking oil and do not take into consideration the rice that it may be served with.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Thai, Gluten-free
Keywords: Entree, Curry, Stovetop, Green, Vegan, Thai, Gluten-free, Coconut Milk, 30-Minute