This sweet potato pie smoothie is sweet, decadent and healthy–yet tastes like you are having dessert for breakfast. It is the perfect way to fuel your day!
For the smoothie:
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato*
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Top with anything you’d like, I used:
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients into a high speed blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings of choice.
- To bake sweet potatoes: Thoroughly wash and prick your sweet potatoes each 2-3 time with a fork or knife. Wrap them in parchment paper and then with foil, then place them directly on the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Turn the oven on to 425F and bake for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Cool completely before using.
- If you don’t have an oven, you can boil or steam the sweet potatoes, or even opt or canned!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast