This quick and easy vegan sushi buddha bowl is loaded with teriyaki baked tofu, rice, pickled cabbage, edamame, sliced cucumbers, and topped with a vegan wasabi mayo to bring you a flavor combination that is sure to blow your mind!
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan furikake
Wasabi Mayo Dressing
- 1/4 cup veganaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 nori sheets, quartered
- 6 oz. baked teriyaki tofu, cubed
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 2 teaspoon pickled ginger
- For the pickled cabbage: In a jar or sealable container mix together all ingredients. Seal jar/container and refrigerate for 15-60 minutes, the longer the better.
- For the sushi rice: Cook the sushi rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, allow it to sit for 15 minutes and then mix in seasoned rice vinegar and furikake until uniform. Set aside.
- For the wasabi mayo: In a small bowl mix in all ingredients.
- To assemble, divide the rice*, pickled cabbage*, and all additional ingredients except wasabi mayo and pickled ginger into two bowls. Top the bowls with wasabi mayo, pickled ginger, and more furikake as desired. Enjoy!
- You will have leftover rice and pickled cabbage.
- The furikake was not taken into account for the nutritional information.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes