The perfect way to serve s’mores at a party without all of the mess and hassle. This recipe will allow you to prepare a party’s worth of smores in less than 20 minutes.
- Place an 8-inch cast iron skillet on the middle rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F with the skillet inside. Once preheated, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and place it on the stovetop or on a trivet. Add the vegan butter into the pan and generously coat the inside of the pan.
- Carefully add the chocolate chunks in an even layer on the bottom of the skillet, and then arrange the marshmallows over the chocolate chips, being sure to cover the chocolate completely.
- Place the skillet back into the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with graham crackers but be careful, because the dip, and most especially the skillet, will be hot!
- In the original recipe, the marshmallows are halved. We skipped this extra step but we just wanted to share in case! The original recipe is by Five Heart Home.
- The cast iron pan helps ensure even melting for the chocolate. You can opt for another pan, but just keep in mind that it may not be as even.
- Make sure your marshmallows are vegan. Generic brands usually have gelatin (made from boiled skin, bones, etc. from animals, yuck!), so avoid those. We like Dandies or Trader Joe’s brand. Dandies can be found at Whole Foods and most health food stores, but it can also be ordered online if you can’t find them near you.
- Dark chocolate is the safest route to take here, just double check that it is vegan of course. You can opt to use a chocolate bar instead of chips or chunks as well, just be sure to chop it up before using it to help with the melting.
- Vegan graham crackers are a bit difficult to find, we know 🙁 The Orginal Nabisco Graham Crackers are vegan as they are honey-free, and another vegan one that we like is Kinnikinnick S’moreable Graham Crackers, which are also gluten-free. The former can most likely be found at a regular grocery store, and the latter at health food stores and Whole Foods.
- For butter, we recommend you use Earth Balance as it is an easily accessible brand. You can opt for coconut oil as well.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack, Party, Camping
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Snack, Party, Camping, Kids, Chocolate, S'mores, Marshmallows, Vegan