An easy no-cook summer recipe that makes for the perfect appetizer or side. This cactus salad is ready in about 10 minutes, requires simple ingredients, and is vegan + gluten & oil-free!
- 15 oz. (or 1/2 jar) of nopalitos (we used Doña Maria)
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes, or about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 3/4 cup diced avocado, or about 1 small
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 3–4 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt, or to taste
- Drain and rinse the cactus under cold water until most of their slimy liquid runs off. Shake off as much liquid as you can and then add it into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until uniform. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Enjoy on its own or with some tortilla chips.
- The nutrition facts do not take into consideration the salt added to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Keywords: Nopales, Cactus, Summer, Side, Salad, Easy