This Vegan Frozen Yogurt is made in 5 minutes without an ice cream maker or animal products. It’s the best healthy snack or sweet treat to help you cool down in the summer months. All you need is 4 simple ingredients and your favorite froyo toppings!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries* (see notes)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain vegan yogurt* (see notes)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons maple syrup (or as desired)
- Optional: fresh mint, for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the mint) into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Adjust the sweetness to taste.
- Serve immediately or transfer it to an airtight container and place it into the freezer for 2-3 hours to harden up a bit (as pictured above). You can store the vegan frozen yogurt in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month, just be sure to leave it out for 10-15 minutes to soften.
- You can use store bought frozen strawberries OR fresh frozen strawberries for this recipe. To freeze strawberries at home, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Remove the stems from your strawberries and half them, then lay them out in a single layer on the baking sheet and place that into the refrigerator until the strawberries are frozen solid, about 8 hours or overnight.
- If you would like, you could use medjool dates in place of the maple syrup but just keep in mind that you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to get things going if there isn’t enough liquid to blend it.
- You can use sweetened and flavored yogurt, just keep in mind that this will alter the flavor of the frozen yogurt in the end. If you are using sweetened yogurt, you will need to adjust the maple syrup or remove it all together based on your preference. If you are using vanilla yogurt, the addition of vanilla extract may not be necessary.
- If you prefer not to use strawberries, try 3 cups of your favorite fruit (frozen)! Results may vary and we have not tested this out ourselves, but our next test is going to be frozen blueberries and peaches!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Frozen Yogurt, Probiotics, Dessert, Snack