Today we are spicing things up with these spicy dairy-free mozzarella sticks. They’re easy to make, are perfect for parties, and nobody will believe they’re vegan!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of black pepper
- ½ cup vegan breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute (I used Just Egg)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or hot sauce of choice)
- 2 7-ounce blocks of dairy-free cheese, cut into strips (I used Daiya Jalapeno Havarti)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Neutral oil for frying
- Take 3 bowls to set up your breading station. In the first bowl add all-purpose flour and black pepper and mix. In the second, add liquid egg substitute and sriracha and mix. In the third, add the bread crumbs and spices then mix them together.
- Coat a cheese stick in the flour mixture first, then in the vegan egg mixture, and finally in the seasoned bread crumbs. Set aside and repeat this process until all of the mozzarella sticks are coated.
- In a large pan heat a neutral high-heat oil to 350 degrees F. Fry mozzarella sticks until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Once fried, place on a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!
Air-Fryer Instructions: Once battered place coated cheese sticks on a lined baking sheet and place them into the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then air-fry at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
Oven Instructions: Once battered and breaded, place into the freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Deep Fry