These Roasted Smashed Potatoes are the ultimate snack or side dish for any meal. Drizzle them with a generous scoop of homemade chimichurri for a fresh punch of flavor and dig in!
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- Salt and pepper
- Chimichurri Sauce
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill with cold water. Set on stove over medium heat sand bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in 1 tablespoon of salt then cook the potatoes for 15- 20 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes, so we recommend checking on them every 10 minutes by piercing the largest potato with the tip of a sharp knife. You will know when it’s ready when the knife slides in easily with no resistance.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and lightly grease a baking sheet OR line it with parchment paper/a silicone mat.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and then spread them evenly on your baking sheet. Using a drinking cup, measuring cup, or potato masher, press down on the potatoes to “smash” them until they are about 1/2-inch thick (the thinner the potatoes the crispier the result). Be sure to press down on them slowly so that they don’t break!
- Brush the potatoes with avocado oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges of the potatoes turn brown and crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and top them with the chimichurri as desired. Serve with additional chimichurri plus dipping sauces of choice!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
Keywords: potato, smashed, herb, baked, boiled, holiday, side