Your new favorite vegan alfredo recipe — our roasted corn alfredo pasta is creamy and decadent, and is our fresh new take on creamed corn!
For the sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 ears of raw corn or 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the pasta:
- 1 box gluten free penne pasta (we used Banza)
- 1 portobello mushroom, diced
- 1/3 large white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup roasted corn kernels
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh basil
- Any remaining roasted corn
- If preparing the corn at home: Preheat oven to 450°F and get a baking sheet ready. Remove the husks and silks from two ears of corn, then wrap each in parchment paper and then foil.* Place onto the baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to its packaging directions, then drain and set aside.
- Cool the corn, then cut off the kernels, being sure to reserve ~1/2 cup for mixing in later. Place all of the sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender, and run until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add in the vegetable broth. Once heated through, add the onion, mushroom, garlic and balsamic vinegar. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- To the same pot, pour in the sweet corn sauce, cooked pasta, and the remaining ingredients. Lower the heat and toss to coat the pasta. Heat until warmed through and adjust seasonings to taste.
- To serve, plate the pasta and add the desired amount of garnishes.
- You may choose to wrap the corn directly in foil, it is just a personal preference and caution for us not to do so. You can read more about it here.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes