Learn how to make the perfect peanut sauce with just 8 simple ingredients and less than 10 minutes of your time! This is one of our go-to recipes in our house when we are in need of a good dip or dressing, and it hits the spot every time.
- 1/2 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves garlic, finely minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup-1/3 cup water, or as needed to thin to your liking
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the water, into a medium bowl and whisk together until uniform.
- Slowly whisk in the water, a few tablespoons at a time, until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. We like our sauce runnier when we use it as a dressing and thicker when we use it as a dip.
- You can use almond, sunflower or cashew butter in place of the peanut butter in case of allergies.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Dip, Sauce
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dip, Sauce, Peanut, Thai