Behold your new favorite sandwich—a quick and easy oyster mushroom sandwich made in just 15 minutes that is packed with flavor and easy to take on the go!
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter*
- 2.8 oz. oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut vinegar*
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash liquid smoke
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices of bread (we used Dave’s Killer Bread)
- 1/2–1 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (we used Follow Your Heart)
- 1/4 medium avocado, sliced
- 2 slices tomato
- Handful of lettuce
- Optional but recommended: pickles and mustard
- In a small cast iron skillet or skillet of choice, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. Once melted and warmed through, lay the oyster mushrooms flat in the pan. Evenly distribute all of the seasonings over the mushrooms. If you have a grill press, we like to pop that on top of the oyster mushrooms as they cook but it is not necessary. After about 2-3 minutes, flip the oyster mushrooms and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side, or until it is browned and slightly crispy on the edges. If using the grill press, place it back on top. Adjust seasonings to taste. Line a plate with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel and place the mushrooms on top to cool.
- Prepare your sandwich. Toast the bread as desired, smear on some vegan mayonnaise, and add in the lettuce, avocado, and tomato. Add the mushrooms on top and seal it with the second piece of bread. We like to slice our sandwich in half to make it easier to eat. Enjoy!
- You can also use apple cider vinegar or white vinegar.
- If you do not want to use butter, you can opt for any oil o your choice. We like using olive oil for this as well!
- Prep Time: 6 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Sandwich
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Mushroom, Sandwich, BLT, Veganized, Vegan, Lunch, On The Go