- 1 1/2 cup Kunachia Organic Milled Chia + Probiotics (or any milled chia seeds*)
- 1/2 cup Kunachia chia seeds (soaked in 3 cups water for 2–3 hours)
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (soaked in 1 cup water for 2–3 hours and drained)
- 2 cups baby spinach & kale mix
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-soak your chia seeds and sun-dried tomatoes for at least 3 hours. Drain any excess water from the tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 300F convection*.
- Place the chia seeds and hemp seeds in a large bowl.
- Blend the remaining ingredients (everything but the chia and hemp seeds) in a high speed blender, and blend until combined and fairly smooth. Then add into the large bowl and mix.
- Spread onto a silicon baking mat (or parchment paper*) 1/8″ thick (or as thin as you can get them without holes). Carefully score with a sharp knife into 1 1/2″ squares. Try not dragging the knife down but cutting into them in sections.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is sold and dry, then remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Using a thin edged [metal] spatula, flip the crackers, trying to avoid squishing them.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until crispy.
Milled chia seeds are just any chia seeds that have been ground to a uniform powder.
I have only tried this recipe on convection, so results may vary with a standard oven.
I used a silicon baking mat with this recipe, and that is what I suggest, but parchment may work. I have not yet tried this, so let me know if you do!
- Prep Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan