A simple and flavorful nut-free vegan pesto made with love and just a handful of ingredients. It’s ready in just minutes and can be used to bring your dishes to the next level.
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds*
- 3–4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade, add in the basil, sunflower seeds, garlic , lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Pulse until everything is well combined and coarsely ground, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Next, process everything on high speed and begin to slowly drizzle in the olive oil until you have added the full 1/2 cup. Stop the food processor and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pulse a few more times to combine and then dig in!
- If you do not want to use sunflower seeds in this pesto and are okay with using nuts, raw slivered almonds and/or pine nuts also work very well in this!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side, Condiment
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: Side, Condiment, Vegan, Italian, Gluten-free, pesto, nut-free