Apple Butter, anyone? This simple to make recipe is the perfect for fall breakfast! All you need is 9 simple ingredients, an instant pot and about an hour of your time.
- 3 lbs. sliced Fuji apples (or apples of your choice)
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the apples, dates, water, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves to a the instant pot. Mix until well combined, cover, and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Release the pressure from the instant pot. Carefully transfer the (hot) contents to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can use an immersion blender if you have one handy.
- Set the instant pot to sauté on low and cook for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apple butter has thickened to your liking. We covered the pot in between stirs as the apple butter tends to splatter over heat.
- Once thickened, mix in the lemon juice and vanilla extract through and cool completely. Transfer to an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The apples were weight after the core was removed.