An easy to make 3-ingredient homemade vegan hot chocolate mix that is not only delicious and easy to make, but is also the perfect DIY gift for the holidays!
- 3/4 cup (75g) dutch processed cocoa powder (regular cocoa powder or cacao powder work as well)
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut sugar (or sub sugar of your choice)
- 3 tablespoons (1.2 oz) dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Optioanl: Pinch of salt
We like to serve it with:
- So Delicious Almondmilk with Cashew
- So Delicious Cocowhip
- Garnishes such as crushed vegan candycanes, crushed shaved dark chocolate and/or cinnamon
- Chop the dark chocolate into small chunks if needed. Add the cacao powder, coconut sugar, dark chocolate and salt to a food processor or high speed blender and blend all of the ingredients together until uniform.
- Carefully transfer to an air-tight container or mason jar and top it with marshmallows. You may need 1 to 2 jars depending on the size you use. I used a 16 oz jar, and had some leftover to fit in an 8 oz jar, so it was about 24 oz total.
- To serve: In a medium pot over medium heat, whisk 3 tablespoons of the mix together with 1 cup non-dairy milk. Heat just until it comes to a low boil. Remove it from heat and serve with a big dollop of So Delicious Cocowhip and garnishes of your choice. Enjoy!
- The nutrition facts are only for the hot chocolate mix itself and do not take into consideration the non dairy milk.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverages, Holiday
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Beverages, Holiday, Vegan, Hot chocolate