- Prepare your grill by lightly oiling the grates and setting it to a medium heat. This will vary depending on your grill. If using wooden skewers, we suggest soaking them in water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn while grilling.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 8 long sticks. We did this by cutting the tofu in half lengthwise and then cut the two large rectangles into 8 even pieces. Thread the tofu onto the skewers lengthwise, being sure to skewer almost to the top without going through. Using a basting brush, coat all the sides of the tofu with barbecue sauce.
- Add the tofu onto the grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until there are visible grill marks. If the tofu begins to burn, lower the heat on your grill. Each time you flip the tofu, brush it with more barbecue sauce. We flipped our tofu 4-5 times, to ensure that the barbecue sauce had caramelized on the tofu. If you aren’t sure what this means, just take a look at our tofu on the grill vs. the final product and you’ll be able to eyeball it from there!
- Remove from heat and serve with your favorite sides. We served ours in a buddha bowl with a salad, rice, and beans. Enjoy!
- If you would like, you can marinate the tofu in the barbecue sauce for 30 minutes. We did away with this since we were going to baste the tofu as we go and it would absorb the sauce while cooking.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree, Barbecue
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Grilled, Tofu, Skewers, Entree, Barbecue