A light, creamy, and easy to make green goddess dressing with the perfect kick. It’s vegan, made with avocado, packed with fresh ingredients, and ready about 5 minutes. Not only is this perfect over salads, but it can also be used as a spread in sandwiches, as a dip with vegetables, and even as a sauce for pasta!
- 1 medium ripe avocado (we used Fuerte)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white onion
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until it reaches your desired consistency. We prefer ours smooth but a chunky dressing would work as well. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
This recipe is intended to replicate the avocado-based green goddess dressing from Trader Joe’s. If you would like to make this more like the “classic” green goddess dressing (from the 20’s) we suggest using 2 tablespoons tarragon instead of the 1/3 cup basil, adding in 1 teaspoon of capers, and adding 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise OR plain vegan yogurt. Blend this and add more water as needed to thin.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dressing, Salad
- Method: Blender
Keywords: green, goddess, avocado, dressing, salad, vegan, oil-free