- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour*
- 3 medium spotty bananas, mashed- about 1 1/4 cup
- 1/3–1/2 cup coconut sugar*
- 1/4 cup each diced dried figs
- 1/4 cup each diced dried pineapple
- 1/4 cup each diced dried papaya
- ½ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (I used 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup almonds)
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper (see how to photos in this post).
- Mix ground chia seeds with water, stir well and leave it aside until thick and gooey.
- In a big bowl add the flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, dried fruit and nuts; mix well.
- Mix the mashed banana, almond milk and chia seed mixture in a medium bowl until combined. Add to the dry mixture and mix well until uniform.
- Scoop/pour mixture into prepared loaf pan, then top with oats and nuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350°F, or until a toothpick runs clean.
- Let the bread cool down completely as it will be moist and hard to cut into when it’s still hot.
-You could easily grind up 2 cups of oats in a high speed blender to make your own!
-Depending on how sweet you would like it. Start with 1/3 cup (5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon and taste the batter, then add more as needed (1/2 cup is equivalent to 8 tablespoons).
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan