Learn how to make this easy vegetable gnocchi dish with just a handful of simple ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner, and makes a great on-the go dish for school or work!
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 16 oz. gnocchi (gluten-free as needed*)
- 1/2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1/3 cup slices mushrooms
- 4 spears of asparagus, ends removed and quartered
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (or sub fresh)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
- Vegan parmesan, to top
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Once it has cooked, drain the gnocchi and set it aside.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add in 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil along with the gnocchi. Cook the gnocchi, flipping often, until it is golden brown. Transfer the gnocchi to a clean plate.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add in the remaining 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil along with the bell peppers, onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant and the onions become translucent.
- Add in the zucchini, mushrooms, and asparagus. Continue to cook, mixing often, until these vegetables have softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix through the tomatoes and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Bring the heat down to low and simmer everything together for 5 minutes, mixing often.
- Add the fresh spinach, Italian seasoning and cooked gnocchi , and mic until well combined. Cook the mixture for a few minutes more or until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pan from heat and divide into serving bowls. Top each with fresh basil and vegan parmesan, as desired. Enjoy!
- Trader Joe’s sells a great cauliflower gnocchi that is gluten-free.
- Feel free to customize this dish to your liking and change up the vegetable mixture however you’d like!
- The nutrition facts do not take into consideration the addition of vegan parmesan and may vary based on the gnocchi and vegetables used.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Entree, Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Italian
Keywords: Entree, Gnocchi, Stovetop, Vegan, Italian