Vegan chicken salad is made with soy curls instead of chicken but has the same flavors and textures you know and love. It requires minimal ingredients, is easy to make, gluten-free, packed with protein, and makes for the ultimate quick and easy meal.
- Bring vegan chicken broth (or vegetable broth) to a boil.
- Add soy curls to a large bowl and pour over the broth, allowing them to rehydrate for about 10 minutes.
- Once hydrated, heat a large cast-iron skillet with oil over medium heat.
- Begin scooping in the soy curls, squeezing/shaking off any excess liquid (but do not discard!). Cook for 2 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add in ⅓ cup of the broth and cook. Once the first batch of broth cooks off, add in the next and continue this process until you have cooked off all of the liquid. Make sure you cook off the full ⅓ cup before adding in the next batch!
- If needed, add a little more oil to the pan and continue to cook the soy curls until they start to get golden and char a little.
- Remove the soy curls from the skillet and roughly chop them.
- In a large bowl add the soy curls and the remainder of the ingredients and mix until uniform.
- Serve on bread, as a dip, in a wrap, or over greens. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Lunch, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: Lunch, Entree, Vegan, gluten-free, easy, kid friendly, soy curls