This is the perfect way to make use of the beautiful produce that is in season this summer. Zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, corn and so much more, this recipe is bursting with flavor and makes for the perfect appetizer or entree. Plus, this summer stew is ready in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sunflower oil
- 1 cup (140 g) diced onion
- 2 cups (280 g) chopped zucchini
- 4 ounces (120 g) green beans
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (500 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cups (315 g) cooked corn kernels
- 2 cans (30 ounces, or 850 g) white beans, plus liquid
- 1 cup (235 ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Warm the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the onions, zucchini, and green beans to the pot, sautéing for 5 minutes or until the onions are mostly translucent. Next, stir the garlic, tomatoes, and corn into the vegetables, sautéing for 3 more minutes.
- Add the white beans plus liquid, vegetable broth, basil, parsley, black pepper, and optional red pepper to the pot. Simmer covered over medium-low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste the stew and season with salt, plus more herbs if you prefer. Serve hot.
- Tip: At certain grocery stores you can buy grilled corn in the freezer section. I love thawing this out and using it in recipes like this one to add even more flavor.
- Carrots weren’t in the original recipe but I had some so I threw them in!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Soup, Entree, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Keywords: Soup, Entree, Side, Appetizer, Summer, 30 Minute, Easy