A quick way to make delicious cashew cheese spread that is perfect to dip veggies, on crackers, sandwiches, or even add to pasta!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dash of soy sauce (optional but recommended)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling remove from heat and add the cashews. Allow the cashews to soak in the hot water for 30 minutes to soften then drain.*
- In a food processor or high-speed blender*, add in all ingredients except the fresh dill and chives. If cheese is too thick, add more water 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour cashew cheese mixture into a medium-sized bowl and mix in fresh dill and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crackers and/or fresh veggies and enjoy!
- If you have the time to, you can also soak your cashews overnight in room temperature or cold water.
- We suggest a high-speed blender for a smoother cheese. If you would like your cheese to be more chunky and textured, a food processor will work!
- Nutrition facts do not take into consideration the salt and pepper added to taste.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes