Easy-to-make chocolate cherry scones that are ready in under an hour and require just 10-ingredients. These make for the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack alongside some tea or even dessert with a dollop of vegan whipped cream!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons solid refined coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips*
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix until uniform.
- Add the solid coconut oil to the bowl and using a pastry cutter or a fork, cut in the coconut oil until the mixture begins to form fine crumbs and become sand-like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture forms a uniform and soft dough. Add additional almond milk (1 tablespoon at a time) if your dough is too dry and crumbly.
- Flour a clean surface or cutting board and turn the dough out onto it. Form it into a large circle, about 8 inches wide and 1/2 an inch thick, and cut into 8 even triangles. Gently separate the scones and then transfer them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the scones from the oven and cool before serving.
- Be sure that the chocolate chips you are using are vegan!
- We used CBD-infused coconut oil from Alpen Organics but it is not necessary for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast, side, baked goods
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: scone, breakfast, side, pastry