Making this Vegan Chipotle Sauce is our favorite way to add a zesty kick to all of our favorite tacos, burritos, nachos, and more. It’s also the perfect dipping sauce and the best way to use up leftover chipotle peppers. All you need is 8 ingredients and a couple of minutes to make. Once you try it, we promise it will be your new go-to!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup of water
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon or lime (or about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- To soak cashews you can cover them in boiling hot water for 15 minutes or soak them for 6-8 hours in room temperature water. Drain completely before using.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
Keywords: sauce, chipotle, crema, cashew, spicy, cream