The perfect way to use up leftover black beans! This black bean dip is easy to make, requires just 8 ingredients and is ready in under 10 minutes. Score!
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese (we used Kite Hill) *
- 2 green onions, sliced with ends removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned green chiles (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 –1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Garnish with (optional)
- Roasted corn
- Vegan cream cheese (or vegan sour cream), mixed with a little water for a runnier texture
- Green onions
- Smoked paprika
- Add everything to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired and seasons with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of roasted corn, vegan cream cheese, cilantro, green onions, and smoked paprika.
- The nutrition facts do not take into consideration the optional toppings.
- You can use vegan sour cream instead of the cream cheese if you prefer that. Just use the same amount, 1/4 cup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Dip
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Vegan, OIl-free
Keywords: Appetizer, Dip, Vegan, OIl-free, Black Bean, Dip, Football