- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 10 drops essential oil (We prefer orange, lemon, lemongrass, or lavender)
- Mix all of the ingredients into a spray bottle. That’s it!
- We have found that for tougher cleaning jobs, it is best to let the spray sit for several minutes to soften everything up. It may also be beneficial to pair the spray with a soft scrubbing brush. You can also sprinkle a bit of baking soda onto the surface (or whatever you are cleaning) and use the spray on it to create a paste before scrubbing.
- To disinfect surfaces such as countertops, let the spray sit for at least 60 seconds before rinsing.
- It is not recommended that vinegar is used to clean marble or granite surfaces. The acidic quality of vinegar (or any other acidic substance) will dull the surface and weaken the sealant. By doing so, you may cause long term damage to the surface.
- You can use this spray to clean mirrors as well. Simply spray the vinegar cleaner on the glass and use a gentle cloth to wipe it off. You can even use an old T-shirt! The mirror will appear foggy at first, but that will dissipate and it will clear up.
- You can adjust the amount of essential oils based on your smell preference. We should also note that at first, you may not be used to the vinegar smell and you may think it is unpleasant. This will fade fairly quickly and your kitchen will not smell like vinegar long term. Also, after long term use, you will definitely get used to the vinegar smell over time.
- Be careful when using vinegar cleaner on hardwood floors. Test it first in an inconspicuous area. Some finishes may be damaged by vinegar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cleaning, DIY, Home
- Cuisine: Non-Toxic, Vegan
Keywords: Cleaning, DIY, Home, Non-Toxic, Spray, Essential Oils