- 1/2 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup russet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water*
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (or 1 tsp chana masala)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
- A generous pinch of cinnamon and ground cloves (optional)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Red pepper flakes
- Hemp seeds
- Place potatoes into a steamer and steam until tender when pricked with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes steam, add the onion, garlic, ginger and bell pepper into a medium pan with 1/4 cup water and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add in all of the spices, and cook until the spices are fragrant, or about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add all ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor*, along with the tahini, water, nutritional yeast, potatoes and lemon juice. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Hand mix or pulse in the cilantro until uniform, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with more cilantro, red pepper flakes and hemp seeds.
- Serve with chopped veggies, pita bread, bagels, chips or even toast, the options are endless!
You may add more water if a sauce consistency is desired.
If using a food processor, the dip may not be as smooth as in a blender. It will still be delicious, just with a different consistency.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dips, Spreads and Sauces
- Cuisine: Vegan