The perfect new years eve cocktail! Fresh squeezed orange juice paired with smooth dark rum, cranberry reduction, and a splash of ginger beer make for the perfect celebratory libation!
- 1 cup cranberry
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Cranberry orange cocktail
- 2 ounces cranberry reduction
- 8 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces rum
- 1 fresh orange
- For the reduction: In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cranberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/3 of its size. You will know when it is done when it turns into the consistency of a thick syrup. If the reduction is too thick, add in 1/4 cup of water to loosen it a bit. Remove from heat and cool completely. Pour into a jar or airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker with ice cubes and shake well.
- Strain the cocktail into two glasses with ice and wedge of fresh orange into each glass.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes