Learn how to make homemade vegan coconut whipped cream with just 2 ingredients and about 15 minutes of your time. It’s easy to make and the perfect sweet treat to dive into this Spring.
- 1 (16 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- Optional: 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place a can of coconut milk un the refrigerator overnight, or for at least 8 hours. This is key as it will harden the coconut and yield the thickest whipped cream!
- Before whipping, it is ideal if you place your large mixing bowl and the beaters of your electric or standing mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes to chill. This will help the coconut cream stay cold and thick!
- Carefully open up the can of coconut milk, being sure not to shake or flip it. Using a spoon, scoop the coconut cream solids (on the top of the can) into the chilled mixing bowl. Be sure not to scoop any liquid in. You can save the remaining liquid for another use, such as smoothies!
- Beat coconut cream using an electric hand or standing mixer with the chilled beaters on medium speed. Once it beings to fluff up, turn it up to high speed. Beat the coconut cream until stiff peaks form, about 8 to 10 minutes. Stop the mixer and add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. For smoothness, we sifted in the sugar. Beat for a minute more and then adjust sweetness and vanilla to taste.
- Use this coconut whipped cream immediately or set it into the refrigerator to chill for a few hours. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It is best used the day-of but will last 5-7 days.
- We opted for powdered sugar to keep this whipped cream as white in color as possible as well as smooth in texture as we could achieve. If you would like, you can opt for maple syrup, cane sugar, or even an alternative sweetener like stevia to taste. Note that these sweeteners may alter the look, taste and or texture of the whipped cream, and we recommend powdered sugar over other sweeteners.
- Feel free to add in additional ingredients/flavors are you would like, depending on what you are serving this whipped cream with. Here are some ideas: citrus zest, almond extract, matcha powder, cocoa, peppermint extract, fresh mint, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, lavender, etc.
- Prep Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dessert, Side, Whipped, Cream, Coconut