This classic margarita recipe is one you will want to make again and again. It’s super easy to make, requires just a few ingredients, and tastes so dang delicious.
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce Cointreau* (see notes)
- 1.5 ounce tequila blanco
- Agave*, to taste
- Coarse salt, for rim
- Lime wedges, for rim and garnish
- Pour coarse salt into a plate that is larger than the glass you are using.
- Prepare your glasses by running a lime around the rim of the glass. Dip your glass into the plate of salt and spin it a couple of times until the rim is covered with salt. Set aside.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add in the lime juice, Cointreau, tequila blanco, and agave. Shake it well.
- Add ice to your glass and pour in the contents from the shaker.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!
- You can replace Cointreau with another orange liqueur of your choice. Other options would be Triple Sec or Grand Mariner.
- Instead of agave, you can use simple syrup. Check out this recipe to learn how to make it at home.
- We recommend using coarse salt vs. fine salt. To spice things up, you could even add something like Tajin to the rim!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes