Our tropical twist on a classic cocktail! These calamansi margaritas will have you coming back for more. They are easy to make, require just a few ingredients and are, most importantly, delicious!
- Pour coarse salt into a plate that is larger than the glass you are using.
- Prepare your glasses by running a lime or calamansi around the rim of the glass. Next, dip your glass into the plate of salt and spin it a couple of times until the rim is covered with salt. Set aside.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add in the calamansi lime juice, Cointreau, tequila Blanco, and agave. Shake it well.
- Add ice to your glass and pour in the contents from the shaker. Top with fresh calamansi slices for garnish and enjoy!
- This recipe serves 1, so feel free to scale it depending on how many you’d like to make at
- To make this into a calamansi frozen margarita, add everything to a blender and blend with ice! We must recommend doubling or tripling this recipe to make it easier to blend.
- Calamansi Juice: We recommend using fresh if available but if not, you can probably find it as a frozen juice or frozen concentrate at an Asian grocery store. We juice our calamansi by hand since it is too small for our citrus juicer. We just make sure to juice it in a strainer to prevent seeds or pulp from going in.
- Lime Juice: We recommend using fresh lime juice instead of using pre-squeezed lime juice.
- Tequila: For our margaritas, we prefer tequila Blanco, but reposado works as well. Save tequila añejo for sipping!
- Orange liqueur: There are a few options when it comes to which orange liqueur to use. We recommend using Cointreau over Triple Sec as it is higher quality and yields a better drink overall!
- Agave Syrup: Adds a perfect touch of sweetness. If you don’t have agave, you can also make a simple syrup using this easy recipe.
- Coarse Salt: We love a salty rim, but you can skip this if you are not a fan! We prepare our glasses by running lime or calamansi around the rim and then dipping the glass in coarse salt. You can dip the entire rim or half of it, depending on your preference.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
Keywords: margarita, Calamansi, Filipino, Beverage, cocktail, easy, drink, tequila