- 1 1/4 cup medjool dates, pitted and packed*
- 1 cup mashed orange sweet potatoes
- 2 packets (200g) frozen pitaya, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.*
- Blend the dates, almond milk, pitaya, chia seeds, sweet potato, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar on high until smooth.
- In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour, cacao powder, and baking soda. Add in the wet ingredients, and stir until smooth and uniform.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan, and bake for 45-50 mins.
- In the meantime, make the frosting by blending all ingredients together until smooth.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, then add frosting.
- Once frosted, cut the brownies into squares and top with toppings of choice, such as raspberries and hemp hearts.
Soak your dates in warm water for 15-20 minutes to soften if needed.
You can also simply grind oats in a high speed blender until a fine flour is formed.
The pan I used was approximately 4.5″x9x9″.
You can adjust the thickness of the frosting by adding more or less almond milk.
If you do not have pitaya or wish to do without it, simply swap it out for 1 cup almond milk.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan