Learn how to make the creamiest lentil hummus with just 6 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of your time!
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 cups cooked lentils (we used brown) + more for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water, or as needed to blend
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 to 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Optional: Black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Cooked lentils
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove the flaky outer skin off of the garlic head and then cut the top off of a head of garlic. Place it into a sheet of foil with a drizzle of olive oil. Wrap it up loosely and then place it into the oven (directly on the rack) at for 1 hour and cool until easy to handle.
- Place the cooked lentils into a high speed blender (or a food processor–see notes), along with the water, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, salt, cumin, and black pepper. Unwrap the garlic head and squeeze the cooked garlic into the blender, being sure that no skins fall in. Blend until very smooth and fluffy.
- Serve the hummus in wide bowls and top it with extra lentils along with any other toppings of choice. We used olive oil, paprika, parsley and black pepper.
- Store the hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- A high speed blender is recommended for this, but a food processor works as well. Keep in mind that with a food processor, it may not be as smooth and you will need to blend it a bit longer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment, Side
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Sides, Blender, Vegan, Lentil, Hummus, Condiment