- 5–10 organic medjool dates*
- 10 organic almonds
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate chips
- Optional: toppings of choice such as coconut or goji berries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips into a double boiler, and heat over medium, constantly stirring, until melted. Once melted, bring heat to the lowest setting just to keep it warm.
- Rip or cut each date in half, and remove the pits.
- Place an almond into one of the date halves, and roll the date around the almond in your palms until completely covered.*
- Using a spoon, dip and cover each date & almond bite, then place onto the lined baking sheet and add toppings of choice.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 mins, or until hard.
I used large dates, so I halved 5 of them to make 10 chocolates. If your dates are not large, you will need to use a whole date and not half it.
- Prep Time: 10 mins