Make your own crispy fiesta potatoes at home! This simple, gluten-free recipe only requires 10 simple ingredients and is ready in under an hour.
- 3 lbs. russet potatoes, washed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill it with water about 1-2 inches above the potatoes. Bring the water to a boil on high heat. Cook for about 20 minutes (timed from turning on the burner), or until slightly fork-tender. We do not want the potatoes to cook all the way since we will be baking them after this.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 425°F and line a full sized baking sheet (or two half sheets) with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Grab a small bowl and mix together the corn starch, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin.
- Once the potatoes are parboiled, dice them into 1″ squares, and add them to a large bowl. Add oil to your potatoes and gently mix together until fully coated. Sprinkle over the spice blend and mix through until they are coated on all sides.
- Transfer seasoned potatoes to the baking sheet(s) and spread out to a single layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, mixing potatoes halfway through.
- Allow the potatoes to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
- For this recipe, we like to use russet potatoes, but Yukon Gold would work great too. If you want to put a unique twist on this recipe you can also use sweet potatoes.
- You can also use olive oil or any oil of your choice.
- If you don’t have any corn starch on hand, you can use all-purpose for a non-gluten-free option.
- Category: Side
- Method: Oven
Keywords: potatoes, taco bell, crispy, fiesta, seasoned, side, taco, copycat