This recipe tastes just like pumpkin pie but is so much easier to make! It’s 7-ingredients, vegan and gluten-free, and doesn’t require any nuts or tofu!
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 ¼ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups unsweetened oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegan whipped cream, to serve
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in all of the brown sugar, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add in 1/4 cup of the non-dairy milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the remaining non-dairy milk along with the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, mixing often, and then lower the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until the pudding has thickened, about 15 minutes, mixing often.
- Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla extract. Set aside to cool. You can serve slightly warm but we recommend setting it into the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour, but overnight is preferred for optimal thickness!
- Serve with a dallop of vegan whipped cream. Enjoy!
- This recipe is also great with a sprinkle of granola. It adds the perfect crunch to compliment the smooth texture of the pudding and whipped cream.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: dessert, pumpkin, pie, pudding, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, easy