A perfectly flaky and light pastry cone filled with a finger-lickin’ good spiced pumpkin whipped cream. These Pumpkin Cream Horns are the perfect deliciously decadent dessert for all of your fall celebrations.
- 1 package puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 8 oz. So Delicious Dairy Free Cocowhip Original
- 3 oz. vegan cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar + more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Almond milk, for brushing
Other tools needed:
- Remove your puff pastry from the freezer and allow it to defrost according to the package directions.
- Defrost the So Delicious Dairy Free Cocowhip Original for about 10 minutes so it’s easier to whip up. Once the cocowhip has defrosted, add it to a large mixing bowl along with the vegan cream cheese, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer, whip everything together until uniform and fluffy. If you don’t have a hand mixer, you can work it together with whisk. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill (we recommend at least 1 hour to stiffen up).
- Grease the cream horn molds and line 2 baking sheets. Set those aside for later.
- Once the puff pastry is ready, flour a clean work surface and lay the pastry out. Using a rolling pin or a flat-sided cup, roll the pastry out so that it is 1-inch larger on every side. Then, using a butter knife (or a bench scraper or rolling cutter), cut each sheet of puff pastry lengthwise into 8 even strips. Grab one strip and gently begin to wind it around one of the greased cones, starting at the pointed bottom and overlapping the layers (about halfway) until you have formed a whole spiral on the cone. Place onto the baking sheet seam side down (8 per sheet) and continue until you have formed all of your horns. This step is optional but at this point, you can place your pastry into the freezer for 30 minutes to chill. This will help them get extra flaky but is not 100% necessary (we skipped this). If you are going to chill them, you can place them all on the same baking sheet and then just divide them amongst the 2 later when you are ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Just before baking, brush the cream horns lightly with almond milk using a pastry brush. Double-check that each horn is seam side down, then place into the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely and then remove the metal forms.
- While the pastry is cooling, remove the filling from the fridge and transfer it to a piping bag. Pipe it into the cooled pastry and then dust the cream horns with additional powdered sugar. Serve immediately or transfer the horns to the refrigerator until they are ready to be served.
- Category: Dessert, Fall
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Dessert, Fall, Cream Horns, Whipped Cream, Pumpkin Cream, Baked, Thanksgiving, pumpkin, Puff pastry