This Easy One-Pot Chickpea & Cauliflower Curry is perfect for cold winter nights as it is sure to heat you up from the inside out. Not only is it healthy and hearty, but it is also ready in almost no time at all!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or ~¼ cup water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1–2 teaspoons green curry paste
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 (15 ½ oz.) cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 (10 oz.) cans diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 (14 oz.) can organic unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 bunch greens (we use kale, spinach or chard)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oil or water in large pot or dutch oven. Once heated, add the onions and garlic, and cook until fragrant and translucent. Be sure to add more water as needed to prevent burning.
- Add the spices and curry paste, and stir until well combined. Mix in the cauliflower and chickpeas, stirring for about 1 minute to heat through, then add the tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Bring mixture boil, then reduce heat to med-low and boil gently until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid thickens slightly, stirring occasionally (about 15-20 minutes).
- Add in the greens and cook through until wilted, stir in the cilantro then season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with rice, quinoa and/or anything else of choice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes