- 2 tbsp chia seed meal + 6 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (I suggest Better Body Foods)
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch of salt (if desired)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (or nuts of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- If you do not have chia seed meal, first grind some chia seeds. I would grind 1.5 tbsp to start.
- Mix the chia seed meal with water, and set aside to thicken for at least 15 minutes. As it sits, prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- Place all of the ingredients from the coconut oil to the vanilla extract into a food processor (or high-speed blender). Add in the soaked chia meal, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the dry ingredients and stir until uniform. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. I found that this was most easily done with a wooden spoon and then my hands to make sure it is all mixed very well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1.25″ wide, 3/4″thick, making sure to squish it down a little flat when placing on the baking sheet. These cookies do not expand, so please keep that in mind when forming the cookies. I made 15 cookies total.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving*.
Make sure you allow the cookies to cool. I found that if I moved the cookies while warm they fell apart and became crumbly when cooled.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free