- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups organic sweet potato, diced
- 2 small zucchinis, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup organic dried apricots, diced small
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot bring 1 1/4 cups of vegetable broth to a boil. Add in the quinoa and bay leaf, salt, pepper and stir. Set to low heat and simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat (do not lift lid!) and allow the quinoa to steam for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable broth in a pan over low heat. Add in the celery, white onion, garlic and sage. When fragrant, add in the sweet potato and zucchinis and cook covered for 5 minutes. Then remove cover and cook until slightly browned. If necessary, add more broth, but you want it to cook until almost dry (but avoid burning!).
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the quinoa with the veggie mixture together and the last 1/2 cup of vegetable broth. Place into an oven safe dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Add in the green onions, apricots, cranberries, pecans, parsley and lemon. Toss to combine.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan