We can’t believe our blog is already 4 years old, what an experience all of this has been! Sweet Simple Vegan started as nothing more than a personal recipe archive in 2013. At the time, I had just gone vegan and I had a lot of questions from my friends and family regarding how I eat healthfully as a vegan, where I get my protein, what I eat in a day, etc., so I decided I would share recipes in my spare time to help answer their questions and hopefully inspire them to consider a plant-based diet. What my blog and now brand blossomed into was something much more, and I am here today celebrating Sweet Simple Vegan as a part of who I am and what I love to do most.
If you would have told me five years ago that I would be vegan (seriously, I was one of those people saying “I could never give up meat”), and doing what I do here on Sweet Simple Vegan (with a vegan boyfriend), I would have thought you were crazy! It’s amazing how so much can change in half a decade, and how much you can learn and grow as a person during that time.We wanted to give back to all of you who have been a part of my (and now our) journey here on Sweet Simple Vegan, so we partnered up with some of our favorite brands to share this epic prize pack!
- Miyoko’s Kitchen Gift Card + Swag: If you haven’t tried Miyoko’s artisan vegan cheeses, you are in for a treat. It is one of those products that you serve to nonvegans to impress them, and this cheese has yet to fail us 😉 We are giving away a $50 gift certificate (+ some extra swag) to their online shop so that you can have their cheeses delivered directly to your doorstep!
- Jem Organic Almond Butter: Jem Organic offers some of the most epic nut butter’s on the market today. Available in flavors like Cinnamon Maca and Cashew Cardamom Almond Butter, Jem has a creamy texture and deep flavor–we promise you’ve never had anything quite like this. We couldn’t decide which flavor to giveaway since they are all so good, so we are going to be giving away all 6 flavors!
- Vegan Cuts Snack & Beauty Boxes: Curated with care, Vegan Cuts provides monthly snack and beauty boxes offering 100% cruelty-free and vegans products. It’s the perfect way to sample a wide variety of products from brands you can trust. We are giving away a three-month subscription to BOTH the snack and beauty box!
- Goddess Provisions: Perfect for getting in touch with your spiritual side, Goddess Provisions offers monthly subscription boxes curated to help you connect with your divine feminine energy.
- Veestro Vegan Meal Service Starter Pack: Eating vegan just got a whole lot easier. Veestro offers deliciously prepared meals that are ready in just minutes, and we will be giving away their 12-meal starter pack!
- Vegan Tshirts from Vegetaryn: Funny shirts with cute vegan inspired sayings, what more could you want? We are sharing with you our Dat Hass and Spud Life Tshirts that we collaborated with Vegetaryn to create, plus her popular Eat Your Veggies tee!
- Follow Your Heart VeganEgg Cookbook: Learn how to use and prepare the Follow Your Heart VeganEgg with this handy cookbook! Make everything from quiches and omelets to yummy baked goods, all free from eggs. Fun fact: We actually shot most of the photos for this book!
- Follow Your Heart Products: This company creates awesome vegan alternatives to popular household products on the market, and we picked out some of our favorites to share with you: VeganEgg, Parmesan, Mozzarella Style Slices + Caesar Dressing. Another fun fact, this plant-based food manufacturing company is certified zero waste and has made the conscious effort to try and decrease their footprint on our planet. We love all of their products and what they stand for, and we are excited to share them with you!
Four things we’ve learned in the past 4 years:
4 Things We’ve Learned:
1. Collaboration is not only about cooperation, but also compromise. Sweet Simple Vegan has grown into what it is today because we have allowed ourselves to branch out. After running the blog solo for 3 years, Chris joined the SSV team in 2017 to help create content and take the blog to new heights. With this came some challenges, but overall has been a great learning experience. OUr collaboration brought to mind what I was doing right and what I was doing wrong, and Chris helped me identify areas that needed improvement that ultimately uplifted the blog to what it is today.
2. Organization is KEY. We plan both our editorial and work calendars at least one month in advance, and I can’t tell you how much it has increased our work efficiency and output. We know exactly what we are going to do and when, and this has helped us free up a lot more time for ourselves on the side. When we weren’t doing this, I felt like we were working all hours of the day, randomly remembering tasks we needed to fulfill, scrambling at the last minute, and ultimately failing to stay on top of our game.
3. We must always stay true to ourselves and we need to remember that there is no room for us to be comparing ourselves to others. We all have our own approaches to this lifestyle and what may work for some, doesn’t always work for others. It’s important that we all stick together and do our best for the planet, the animals, and ourselves.
4. Things don’t always go as planned, but everything is happening for a reason and we need to accept that. Recipes fail, hard drives crash, props break, or our personal lives may even get in the way of deadlines we set for ourselves, but that is okay. Working for ourselves can be a bit difficult sometimes as we can become overly critical of our work. Over the years through a bit of trial and error, we have learned that we need to focus on the bigger picture, be grateful that we are alive and well, and that we have the opportunity to do what we love to do!
Thank you all so much from the bottom of our hearts! We wouldn’t be here without your support, and we look forward to the years to come with Sweet Simple Vegan.
Best of luck! xo Jasmine & Chris
This giveaway is open to the US only and will be open until 11:45 PM on Monday, November 6th, 2017.