- 2 large beets
Cinnamon Beet Chips
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Sweetener if desired, such as coconut sugar or stevia
Garlic & Herb Chips
- 1/3 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Dash fresh black pepper
- 1/16 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet.
- Remove the beet greens (if attached), but leave a “stem” to use as a handle when slicing. Save the greens for later use, in juice or salad. Thoroughly wash and peel the beets.
- Using a mandoline slicer (or sharp knife), slice the beets into 1/8-1/16” slices, as evenly as possible.
- Toss the beets in a bowl with seasonings of choice until coated.
- Lay the beets in a single-layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy. Bake in multiple batches, if necessary.*
*Alternatively, you may keep these chips raw by placing them in a dehydrator at 115°F for 6-8 hours, or until crispy, depending on thickness of the beets and humidity level of the dehydrator.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan