The perfect pizza topped with jackfruit smothered in mole sauce and topped with mushrooms corn, radish, avocado, and a cashew mustard cream sauce!
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 serrano chile, deseeded and diced small
- ~7 oz. shredded young jackfruit (we used Edward & Son’s boxed jackfruit)*
- 1/4 cup vegan black mole sauce (we used San Angel black mole sauce)
- 1 medium-sized premade pizza dough
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons black beans (optional)
- Cashew Mustard Cheese Sauce*
- 1–2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium Hass avocados, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium pot over medium, heat about 2-3 tablespoons of water. Once heated, add the onions and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes or until fragrant, adding more water as needed to prevent burning. Add in the serrano pepper and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the jackfruit into the pan along with the mole and mix until well combined. Cook for another minute and then remove from heat and set aside.
- Roll your pizza dough out into a rectangle or circle (your choice) that will fit onto your baking sheet. Our rectangle measured about 10×14″. *
- Evenly distribute the jackfruit mole mixture onto the crust and then top it with corn, mushrooms, and black beans. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the cashew mustard cheese sauce and get the other toppings ready.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Top the pizza with the cashew mustard cheese sauce, radishes, avocado slices, and cilantro, and serve with wedges of lime. Enjoy!
- If you are using canned jackfruit, be sure to drain it and shred it before using.
- We like to add a crust to our pizza and this time we added a braided crust! You can find a tutorial here. Not necessary but definitely makes the pizza look fancy.
- We thinned the cheese sauce with about 2-3 tablespoons of water to be able to drizzle it over the pizza.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes