An easy fool-proof way to make guilt-free cookie ice cream sandwiches!
- 1 pint vegan ice cream (We used Snow Monkey)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds + 1 1/2 tbsps water
- 1/2 can (7.5 oz.) cooked unsalted chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 4–5 large medjool dates, pitted (soaked in hot water for 10 mins then drained)
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats (roughly ground in recipe)
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks*
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the chia seeds with the water and allow it to sit for 15 mins to thicken.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor, until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (in that bowl or in another if easier).
- Half the batter and mold into 2″ diameter rounds. Place onto the line baking sheet and flatten them out to about 1/3″.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes then allow cookies to cool completely.
- Place ice cream pint on its side and cut 1 round (see video above). Remove round from package, place in between both cookies and dig in!
Since most chocolate chips have refined sugar, you can opt for cacao nibs, chocolate chunks of your favorite sugar free chocolate bar, or just leave it out 🙂
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert